Yogurt which is also spelled as yogurt is a very commonly used dairy product. It is one of the most popular fermented products made with milk. It is generally made by adding an especial type of bacteria to milk. Throughout history, Yogurt has been found in the menu of the human being all over the world. It is mainly used as a meal, as a component of desserts or sauces or as a snack.
Then What Is The Relation Of Yogurt With Digestive System? Isn’t it?
Definition: Living bacteria are contained in the human digestive tract. These are very important metabolic functions. The metabolic function is at the core of the digestive system. Digestion and at the same time for human body it produces the essential nutrients. For good health, the keeping of the good bacteria is very urgent.
In the recent past, it has been discovered that yogurt contains good bacteria that work as probiotics. Helping the digestive system properly is the first and foremost function of this type of bacteria that yogurt contains.
Generally, in yogurt the most common bacteria are:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Streptococcus thermophilus and
- Bifidobacterium lactis (B. lactis)
But besides these, some other helpful bacteria are found in a good yogurt. They are-
- l. casei and
- l. rhamnosus
There is a variety of yogurt in the market but among them, the best is the Greek Yogurt. It is strained more times than the traditional yogurt. It also contains higher fat blasting protein. But the most significant thing is that Greek Yogurt enhances the number of probiotics within the body. Besides improving the digestive system.
This live microorganism (also known as good bacteria) helps the body to absorb nutrients and in this way, it improves the immune system. Another function of this yogurt is the easing of the gastrointestinal conditions. The conditions include inflammatory bowel disease, constipation, and lactose intolerance.
Regular consumption of probiotics yogurt also provides a good number of digestive health benefits. In this case, the active or live cultures must be there in the product. The benefits are-
- Treating diarrhea which is antibiotic-associated, is one of the primary benefits of yogurt. It does so by restoring the lost balance in the intestinal flora. But the yogurt must contain active or culture bacteria.
- Probiotics bacteria also contain bifidobacteria that work to lessen the symptoms related to irritable bowel syndrome. As a result, it has a great power to reduce constipation.
- Lactose intolerance reduction is another primary function of probiotics yogurt. It improves the capacity to digest lactose.
- If you add probiotics yogurt and its live active cultures to your regular diet, it will aid to prevent several intestinal diseases which are chronic by nature. Another noteworthy gastrointestinal solution got from yogurt probiotics is the treatment of colon cancer.
The researchers have also provided their opinions behind these good qualities of yogurt. They said that yogurt provides such usefulness to the human body because:
- Yogurt brings a change in the gut’s microflora
- Yogurt enhances the immune system of the human body, and
- The time of the food’s passing through the bowel.
Another research that has been conducted recently has found that people, in general, get affected with diarrhea just after completing an antibiotic course. This type of diarrhea can be reduced if a person drinks a particular drink that contains 3 specific types of bacteria. Thus, there is no denying the fact that probiotics yogurt has a direct effect on reducing diarrhea and making the gut stronger than ever.
The international standard-
This is a very important question. How much yogurt a person should take to get the best result of yogurt. Is it like that just buy or make some yogurt and have that without maintaining any routine or quantity?
Of course not! NYA or the National Yogurt Association has given a particular recipe or amount of live and active cultures in the yogurt. According to the NYA at the time of the manufacture of yogurt, each gram must contain at least 100 million cultures. On the other hand, if the yogurt is frozen, at the time of manufacture each gram must contain 10 million cultures. If this amount if cultures are maintained in any yogurt, only then NYA will present their Active Culture seal on the label of the yogurt.
But be careful at the time of having yogurt because all yogurts don’t contain good bacteria. If there are good bacteria in the yogurt, “Live active cultures” will be written in the pack.
- If You Wish To Visit Our Top 10 Probiotic Supplements for Digestive Health