More and more people nowadays are using gluten-free probiotic supplements as the dangers of excessive gluten consumption are becoming more well-known amongst the public. The reason for such preference is the increase in the number of digestive issues. But before you decide to go for these gluten-free probiotics, you must understand how consuming gluten can affect your body?
Why Is Gluten Harmful?
Gluten is a protein mainly found in wheat, barley, and other grains and is believed to have a connection with digestive issues, which lead to several severe health complications and sometimes even death. This protein is specifically dangerous for people who have Celiac disease or Dermatitis Herpetiformis. If a person is perfectly healthy, consuming gluten would not do much damage, but for someone who has celiac disease, consuming even a small amount can trigger autoimmune reflexes. This triggering, in turn, can lead to flattening of the villi present in the intestines and can cause severe digestive issues due to the decrease in nutrient absorption ability of the body.
Consumption of gluten can also cause a reduction of good bacteria in the body, which can put your health at risk. Thus, maintaining the right amount of good bacteria is essential to maintain a healthy and balanced digestive system. To do that, you must consume these gluten-free probiotic.
How To Choose The Best Gluten-Free Probiotics?
There are specific characteristics that you must check while choosing the right gluten-free probiotics:
While buying the probiotic, make sure you pick the one that has a high number of CFUs or Colony Forming Units. Remember, the large number of CFUs, the better. Also, remember to check the manufacturing date and expiration date as probiotics lose their potency pretty soon.
Check if the probiotic you are buying is “Shelf-stable” or needs to be refrigerated. It is essential because if you travel often, you should go for one with a shelf-stable life. Some probiotics that are available in the market also contain prebiotics. Which is another form of carbohydrates, supposed to feed the other probiotic microorganisms.
Make sure the probiotics you try are of high-quality and are prepared using multiple probiotic strains.
What Are Some Gluten-Free Probiotics That You Can Consider?
Though there are dozens of gluten-free probiotics available in the market, we are listing down some which you can consider for optimizing your overall health:
01. Align Probiotic Supplement
Marketed among users as “24/7 digestive support”, this gluten-free probiotic is all you need to have a healthy digestive system. This probiotic is manufactured by Procter & Gamble, is scientifically tested and gluten-free. This probiotic supplement treats abdominal discomfort, gastric issues, and bloating. It also helps in maintaining the natural balance in the digestive tract.
- It is No. 1 Gastroenterologist recommended probiotic supplement
- This probiotic supplement comes in a bottle with 42 capsules
- It provides 24*7 digestive support and aids all your digestive disorders
- This supplement is formulated after 20 years of research and is safe for consumption; causes no side-effects.
- You need to take this supplement on a regular basis to get the results
- It is not designed to diagnose or treat any disease.
If your digestive issues keep bothering you and you are looking for an effective way to treat the disorder, this is the remedy for you. All you need to do is to take it on a frequent basis to see the results. This supplement also maintains healthy bacteria in the body, thus, help you optimize your overall health.
02. CeliAct Dietary Supplement
A certified gluten-free probiotic; it contains multivitamins, probiotics, minerals, and enzymes. This dietary supplement provides relief from digestive issues, is dairy-free and gluten-free. This probiotic supplement also contains live probiotics. Moreover, it is shelf-stable, which means you can carry it with you wherever you go. This supplement also treats occasional gas disorders, bloating, diarrhea and constipation.
- It contains easy to absorb and healthy nutrients in the form of vitamins & minerals
- This supplement has perfect blend to fasten your internal healing
- The best benefit is that it contains bone-building formula that strengthen your body
- It contains dosage for three months
- This tablet is only for the adults of age above 18 years.
- If you have pre-existing medical issues, consult your physician before consumption
This is one such supplement, which is not just gluten-free but is absolutely safe for consumption. It is proven to be effective for optimizing overall health and has been recommended by many health experts all over the world. You will experience the difference right after a few days of consumption.
03. Culturelle Digestive Health
This probiotic is available in capsules forms. Its extra-strength formulation makes it ideal for improving your overall health. As per the manufacturer, this probiotic is gluten-free, sugar-free, and contains 10 billion CFUs. It also helps you ease your digestive discomfort. The best thing about this supplement is that it contains Lactobacillus rhamnosus, which elevates all your stomach disorders. It can be kept at a dry and cool place but does not require refrigeration.
- This supplement helps in treating diarrhea, bloating and gas.
- It is manufactured using the highest standard of purity and potency
- It contains billions of CFUs, which elevates your digestive discomfort
- Completely natural and contains no gluten and is also soy-free.
- This probiotic supplement is not diagnosed to treat any disease
- It contains sucrose which might not be suitable for people with diabetes
Taking this probiotic supplement on a regular basis would help you maintain good bacteria in the body, which in turn, would keep all diseases at bay. This probiotic supplement is beneficial for both kids and adults. Moreover, it also supports natural immune defenses and is gluten-free and vegan.
04. Florastor Probiotic
Another probiotic on the list, it comes in different forms for both adults and kids. This probiotic is manufactured using a form of yeast called Saccharomyces boulardiilyo. These probiotics displace the less friendly microbes with the healthy ones in the digestive tract, which, in turn, improves the digestive system. It is considered to be gluten-free and is one of the finest daily probiotics.
- It is ideal for the whole family and for the kids aged above 2 years.
- This supplement helps you stay active and offers you healthy lifestyle
- This supplement helps you maintain healthy digestive system and improves immunity
- It comes with a shelf-life of 3 years and is one of the most trusted probiotic supplement
- You need to take this gluten-free probiotic on a regular basis to see the results.
- Avoid consuming this probiotic if you are allergic to yeast.
Florastor Probiotic is the only supplement that contains Saccharomyces boulardii lyo CNCM I-745, which boosts your body’s natural ability to produce IgA. It is a vital antibody for your digestive system that fights off unhealthy bacteria and helps you stay healthy and illness-free life.
05. Country Life Power- Dophilus
This Country Life Power Probiotic supplement contains 12 billion CFUs and is made using four different strains. It also contains Lactobacillus acidophilus and is dairy-free and certified vegan. This multi-strain gluten-free probiotic helps flourish microflora in your body and supports digestive health. It is a powerful remedy that can keep you fit and healthy the entire day.
- It contains 100 vegan capsules which means more benefit
- This supplement is natural and is yeast and gluten-free
- Fights off harmful bacteria in the body and digestive disorders
- High-quality ingredients and purity guaranteed
- Consumption of this supplement leads to exposure to lead, so you must consult the physician before taking it.
- This supplement does not help to treat or diagnose any disease
This is one such probiotic that has received heaps of compliments from the users for its quality and effectiveness. It works wonder for your digestive system and maintains microflora balance. It is the perfect remedy to keep your body fit while maintaining healthy bacteria inside it. It is one of the most effective gluten-free probiotics.
Recommended Article For You: